James Schumacher, President of ATI, recently visited Harbour Plaza Golf Club in Dongguan, China in order to perform a System Analysis. Harbour Plaza is a 20 year old 27-hole championship facility designed, shaped and constructed by Robert Trent Jones II. The irrigation system is becoming a limiting factor to the facility. ATI has been contracted to evaluate the system and make recommendations for improvements.
During the site analysis, the entire system was inspected and the following criteria evaluated:
- Water Sources Water Quality and Availability
- Water Storage and Irrigation Requirements
- Pump Station
- Pipe, Fittings and Valves
- Sprinklers and Coverage
- Control System and Wiring
- Desired Standards of Operation
- Original Installation
- Maintenance Procedures and History
- System Performance, Reliability and Limitations
- Turf Needs and Soil Conditions.
In addition to the System Analysis Mr. Schumacher had the pleasure of joining Mr. Tim Shaver, General Manager, along with Ron Carlyle, Turf Consultant and the entire staff at their annual appreciation dinner.